Funk Pusher

Posted by Naba on 7:41 AM

I should tell you about my funk pusher. I've known him for about 10 years. From our first meeting, our relationship revolved around music. This is a guy who was always turning me on to good music, new and old, with a serious bent on funk, house and soul.

He never lets me down.

Unfortunately, FP has moved to a Caribbean country to pursue a career in medicine. Yes, FP is a genius too.

But Skype is a wonderful thing, and FP sent me a youtube video that had me looking for torrents like a mad woman.

Osunlade is an is an ordained priest in the African religion of Ifa. He is also an artist producing afrohouse, a genre of music I sometimes forget I love because I own so few albums and I have somehow let "life" prevent me from pursuing music. I'm back now, and here is Osunlade's video Rader Du, featuring Wunmi.





Osunlade is playing at Toika Lounge tomorrow night. Should be a beautiful time.

0 comments: