Shoes & Sickness

Posted by Naba on 10:26 AM

I'm off to get a pair of shoes from the repair man. They've been there for about a year. Thankfully, they haven't thrown my shoes out. My partner was surprised. I frankly wasn't. I was never in my mind that they'd throw them out. Moreover, IF they were to throw them out I think it's within professional procedure to call first.

Not long ago, my partner became sick. He had the sniffles and a congested throat. He kept saying, "I'm sick". I said, don't say that. Mostly because I felt he was owning the sickness a bit much. He said, why not, implying that he was just stating a fact. I then started to talk about mind over matter stuff and even found a scientist online who'd done studies on the power of mind over pain and sickness. Results, unsurprisingly, are that a positive mindset can positively affect one's state of pain or sickness.

Sometimes if bothers me that my partner tends to think negatively first. I am the opposite in that I tend to think the best of things and people first.

But opposites attract, and the truth is that I know I've influenced him to think positively sometimes and he's influenced me to be a bit more realistic.

I'm sure he gets annoyed at me about my Polly Anna thinking as much it annoys me about his default-negative thinking.

0 comments: