It has been a while

Posted by Naba on 3:19 PM

But here I am.

What's different? To begin with, I'm eating healthier and work out more often. I started a program that has me tracking everything I eat and it's ended up in a 15 pound loss and increased strength and endurance. That feels good.

Also, I auditioned for a part in a small play and wound up with the lead! I'm playing Anansi the Spider, a West African trickster in common folklore. The play is coming up, and is for Black History month as part of a program with elementary school kids. Is it ever fun! I'm avoiding memorizing my lines now but I'll definitely get to it.

GO! is also going well and I'm loving my part. Seems there's also another opportunity come my way to be part of another show on a private station. More on that when I know.



Also! This is the biggest news today - my sister Adjoa recently won at the Cupcake Camp in Toronto. Her chocolate monkey cupcakes are banana cupcakes with peanut butter caramel filling and chocolate peanut butter butter cream under a fondant face. AMAZING!

I know she doesn't need it from me but I am so proud of her. She has such high standards of excellence that it shows in every piece she makes, and I've seen the looks of approval and wonder when she presents people with her creations. Maji, I love you, and I'll be cheering for you forever!

0 comments: