Where's Your Boyfriend?

Posted by Naba on 7:11 PM

Last night I went to the Andrew Buckler menswear official launch party for its new store opening in Toronto. The clothing is a very smart, edgy and wholly Brit-style collection of items I would love to see my man in.

Mmmmm.


And, picky as he is, I think he might actually like the stuff! Besides, he's British too, so he should like it, right??


Like every launch party, there were drinks, food, music and what I like to call 'fashion people'. These are the types I sometimes envy - but only for the different styles. Not for the attitude. My friend Riley and I enjoyed the food, filled our bellies to offset any oncoming drunkenness as much as we could and proceeded to make friends. Our buddy Mats came, and I met quite a few lovely people, including Riley's friend Don.
Don is the manager of
Fritz Helder & The Phantoms, a wild group of electro-funk pop musicians who I had the lovely pleasure of dancing with at the Buckler after-party at Atelier. I was licked with booze and it was nice. I'm generally quite friendly and even more happy with alcohol so I had just about said hi to anyone who looked pleasant. Only problem with that is meeting men (in one case a silly silly boy) who invariably ask leeringly, "Where's your boyfriend?" as if he must accompany me at all times if I'm to be this jovial.

Please.


Anyway, Fritz and Don are FABulous folks. That's me wearing Fritz' glove. He was doing his cute pretty-boy dance with my long scarf earlier.


I also met with a healthy, strapping lawyer-to-be who told me he BIKED TO MISSISSAUGA the other day. I believe that is a fabulous feat, one to which I can only aspire. He was wearing a gorgeous outfit of shorts, a button-down shirt and loafer-type shoes (I think) with such an air of confidence and good-lookingness I thought he was a model.

That was my Wednesday night. Don't ask me how I felt this morning.

0 comments: